Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Moore's Law

Moore's Law descrives the trend and advancement our computers have been going through. He statess that the transistors that are on the integrated circuit is increasing approxiametly every two years. I think that the plateau of computer advancement in the next 20 years but do not agree with what Ray Kurzweil is saying about singularity. I do believe we have made some incredible advancements up to date such as when no one thought that a car would be able to drive it self but today we have seen cars being able to navigate themselves with GPS systems. I do not think that computers will make the step where they are smarter than the human brain and even if this does happen (which I do not believe) I don't think the public would know about it, because I think it would be too dangerous of a thing for our society to have.

No comments: